Hello all! Krauser here…

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Weimanamanama Welcomes Hello all! Krauser here…

Hello all! Krauser here…

• Tina in Holland
    Participant

I invited Pam (Quincy) and other former WA’s that I have on my fb. Hope they will have some free time over the weekend to sign up!

Krauser
    Participant

Well I’ll be dammed.  sigh.  I just had to talk it back into existence!!!  It’s been two weeks to the day that Krauser has vomited and dammit, he just vomited.  Son of a heifer.  He has been perfectly fine. Just took him out and as soon as we came back in, he vomited 3 times back to back.  All of his lunch, undigested and a carrot he had a little while ago.  Also, white jelly stuff.  Omg I don’t want I deal with this again.  Dammit.  Happy weekend.

BasG

Odin did the exact same thing in the middle of the night a few weeks back. First his supper came out, then yellow jelly with white foamy goop that was super sticky and smelled horrid. He had another episode the night after, and he dry heaved a bit of the white stuff the morning after, but then it hasn’t returned. We wanted to take him to the vet, but by then there was nothing to see.

Did he

Forever Weimanamanama

Krauser
    Participant

He did this for 5 days before and never vomited the yellow bile or foamy stuff.  Undigested food.  The white jelly like stuff could be mucus or banana.  I took him to the vet and he mentioned pancreatitis, but it’s obviously  not that because he got better.  I just have him a prilosec.  The vet said to give him those and his sucralfate.   I was hoping for a peaceful, worry free weekend.  To heck with the beer, BasG, I think it’s time for something a little heavier.  I have pineapple vodka, plain vodka, peach schnapps, and red wine….surely I can come up with something good!  Lol!

Krauser
    Participant

Sorry for all te typos ad misspells, I’m on my phone and autocorrect isnt correcting me!  Lol!

BasG

So he’s had stomach issues before? Does he get a special type of food? I have several friends with dogs that constantly have all sorts of stomach issues. The approach seems to range from cooking up special meals, to medicine men dancing and speaking to the ghosts of the elders. Results may vary.

Forever Weimanamanama

Ziggie
    Participant

So nice to see some familiar faces! Hopefully I’ll have some time to catch up this weekend and learn the lay of the new site!

Kinsey and Ziggie

twiggy02
    Participant

Well it is nice to see all the familiar names on here. The only thing that has changed with me was I lost my Weim Ranger to Cancer, brain tumor, lung, intestinal cancer, seizures. In March and 3 months later lost my greyhound Mr Bubbles to heart failure. I have a new Weim Stormy who is a tiny Weimy at 23″ tall and still has a puppy look, he will be 2 yrs on March 29. So great to be back and talk to everyone. 🙂

Krauser
    Participant

He haa had stomach issues before and one if his vets said he had IBD, but he doesn’t have any diarrhea at all this time or the spell two weeks ago.  He just vomits randomly.  he eats a single protein food that’s grain and gluten free, Pure Vita salmon and sweet tater.  He is allergic to every protein out there and this is the only food he’s been able to eat.  I’m sure hoping it’s not the food cause I don’t know what there will be left to feed him besides a vegetarian diet.  We’ve tried every dang protein out there, we’ve tried prey model raw also.  I used to be vegetarian, so I would know how to sustain his health, but dang it I don’t want to have to go there.  A dog nutritionist had me do the prey model diet and I really wanted to keep him on it, but his allergies got uncontrollable.  However, he has zero diarrhea.  Every other time he’s ever had problems with food, he’s had diarrhea.

BasG

Well, for now, chalk it up to “one of those things” and have a beer. Dogs puke sometimes. I stopped trying to fugure out what it is. They stick so much stuff down that hole, even if you just turn your back for a second.

Forever Weimanamanama

Krauser
    Participant

I think that’s about all I can do for now.  I’m gonna start giving him an antacid everyday.

Im having some real strong coffee with some vodka in it.  Lol.

And hey there Ziggie ad Tina!!!  Tina I am so sorry to hear about Seamus.  I read about it on Facebook.  🙁 So so sorry.

Quincy
    Participant

Hello everyone–and Brandi!

Rome and Seedge are fine, though I had a scare with

Seedge two days ago–he’s now 12 or 13.  Very scary.

BasG

I came across this. You have probably heard it all, but who knows.

http://www.justweimaraners.com/why-weims-vomit/

Forever Weimanamanama

miloandme
    Participant

Hi Krauser!  It’s good to see you!

Quincy
    Participant

BRANDI!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.