What people call your Weim?

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat What people call your Weim?

What people call your Weim?

• elsie-piper
    Participant

I think it is funny, and I know alot of you can relate.  Most of the time we are out with our two weims, a lot of people come up to us and compliment how pretty our “grey hounds” are or to day we got ours call beautiful ” great danes”.  I find it funny to see what they are going to get called next.  You tell them they are weimaraners then they respond, a weim a what?  Makes walks entertaining.

BasG

I can relate. My answer should be fairly obvious, considering the site name 😉

Forever Weimanamanama

jmae
    Participant

We have had people say we  have pretty chocolate labs.

Mya

I feel I have heard it all. Two recent ones are wienermaier and weimerthinger.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Katie
    Participant

haha yes, we get asked if she is a greyhound or a silver lab often and have heard all kids of name butchering.  The funniest to me is from my mother in law.  Without fail she calls them watt-weimers, even though she has heard us say it a thousand times.

Tina in Holland
    Participant

My neighbor called them great danes for the longest, I didn’t correct her (she had little bitty dogs, so S & A seemed huge to her). I had one lady in the woods exclaim to her husband “Look! Velvet dogs.” I thought that was so sweet.

BasG

Velvet dogs. That’s a new one. Cute though.

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

People ask me a lot if Jaeger is a baby Great Dane!  One lady came up to me another time and said, “oh I just love grey hounds.  They are my favorite breed.”  I didn’t have the heart to tell her she was clearly confused.  🙂

-Steph & Jaeger

CliveClaire
    Participant

We’ve started calling ours Whine- a-ramers.

Mya

My coworker always calls them “wieneramers or whatever the heck your dog is called”

and we obviously call them our weimanamanama’s

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Mya.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

BasG

Funny thing, I’m so used to the name Weimanamanama now that I actually called it out loud when we past someone walking a Weim today.

Forever Weimanamanama

Waylon
    Participant

Everything! “What kinda dog is that??” &  Mostly silver lab am I’m like “seriously look at the dogs structure compared to a lab please!”

i call him numeriud things lol my little velveteen rabbit

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    - Dean Knootz

Awalter
    Participant

I’ve definitely gotten all of these-

Lab (chocolate and silver)

Greyhound

Great Dane puppy

Pitbull

Albino Doberman (???)

Velvet dog is so cute!

Alexis & Portia | Connecticut, USA

BasG

A pitbull? Seriously?

Forever Weimanamanama

Awalter
    Participant

Yeah that was when she was a puppy. I guess she was like the dumbo of pit bulls to people hahaha

Alexis & Portia | Connecticut, USA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.