On the back of the couch

• This topic has 25 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mya.

On the back of the couch

• BasG

We are not allowed to climb on the back of the furniture and smoosh the pillows. But that just so happens to be the best spot in the sun. So as soon as Bas goes to his office to work, we do it anyway. Cuz it ain’t cheatin if you don’t get caught.

Forever Weimanamanama

jmae
    Participant

That is my two older girls favorite spot too. But since I just got a new couch on Saturday they have not tried to lay there (well at least when we are home) lol.

BasG

The couch is relatively new, so I really don’t like them wrecking it like that. They way they go about it is infuriating and adorable at the same time. The second they woke up after I took this pic, they immediately got up and went to their bed. They -KNOW-. But … admittedly … it is the best spot in the sun this time of year.

Forever Weimanamanama

Bonita
    Participant

Aw sweet !!That seems to be my cat Olive’s favorite spot. ..but no attempt by the pups as yet.lol

Mya

Bas forgets to say that the cats also do this. So we have dogs and cats switching off sleeping in the sun in spots they are not supposed to be in. They just look so happy.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

jmae
    Participant

I spoke to soon on mine not laying on the back on the new couch. Tula kept trying to climb on the back yesterday but I continued to correct her and not allow her up there lol.

Awalter
    Participant

Portia hasn’t begun to do this as well! Not even to be in the sun…just…to be there.

Alexis & Portia | Connecticut, USA

Ziggie
    Participant

Ziggie is another puppy cat.  He loves to lay on the back of the couch.  Or chair.  Or loveseat.  Our furniture is old though so we don’t mind.  🙂

Kinsey and Ziggie

Mya

Athena used to sit up straight like a princess on the back of a leather chair. So weird.

Waylon
    Participant

Yuppers Waylon has ruined our couch the sowed pillows are coming unsowed:(

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    - Dean Knootz

Mya

Hahaha that face!

BasG

What is WRONG with those dogs!!??!

Forever Weimanamanama

Waylon
    Participant

Hahaha that face!

hahsh I know soooo innocent right??? NOT so much

BasG Idk what is wrong with them possibly bc they think they superior def think they are human an can an will do as the please dunno haha if you figure it out I’m sure there’s thousands of us who wana know ha

Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    - Dean Knootz

BasG

Of all the dogs I know, I’ve never seen one go like “hmmm, you know what, that narrow wobbly spot all the way up there seems like the perfect place to sleep, if I don’t fall off first”. I seriously thought it was just mine. But when I posted it on Facebook and got a bunch of replies from Weim owners I learned that this is one of those weird idiosyncrasies. It makes sense for a cat. Size wise. But I’ve never seen a dog perch itself up so precariously.

This is another weird thing she does. Odin never copied this trait.

Forever Weimanamanama

andrew
    Participant

I have 2 of these “perchers”

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by andrew.
    • This reply was modified 10 years ago by andrew. Reason: picture
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.