Lymphoma and Lyme ๐Ÿ˜ข

Home Forums Health and Nutrition Diseases and Disorders Lymphoma and Lyme ๐Ÿ˜ข

Lymphoma and Lyme ๐Ÿ˜ข

• weimdawgs
    Participant

Here is where I need you all. My 10 year old girl, Schatze, has Lyme ( being treated with antibiotics). At the same time she was dx with lymphoma. ย She’s been prescribed prednisone, 20 MG 2x per day. ย I really think this is a very high dose as she weighs 50 lbs. I have skipped or cut several based on how I feel she’s handling it. When Make was dx with lung C, (hope you remember Jake) he was getting the same dosage and he weighed 100lbs. I have an appointment with the vet oncologist on Monday. ย  I heard the prognosis is good with chemo but I’m scared. ย Any input or advice is welcome. She is doing very well right now.

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by weimdawgs.

weimdawgs

BasG

One of my parents Labs had prednisone and he was …. well … “a little bit” over 100lb. His dose was lower than that, so I’d have that double checked.

Forever Weimanamanama

weimdawgs
    Participant

Thank you!! ย The dosage has been my main concern right now…

weimdawgs

greydogs
    Participant

oh, i totally missed this post. merlin had prednisone for an infection and the dose was 10mg x2 i think. and then taper.

he weighs 60lbs.

it made him drink a lot! and pee even more.

healing thoughts to schatze.

weimdawgs
    Participant

That’s exactly the dose I think she should be getting and what I’ve been giving her. We have a consult with vet oncologist today….

weimdawgs

Deba
    Participant

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know what the oncologist says. What I do know is the importance of supporting Schatze’s immune system with low carb diet and NO more vaccinations with a cancer/immunocompromised dog.

weimdawgs
    Participant

She’s on a grain free diet. I had her titered in 2012…no vaccines since 2009 when we brought her home. Seeing the vet at 1:30. ย Fingers and toes crossed….

weimdawgs

greydogs
    Participant

thinking of you

weimdawgs
    Participant

We saw the doctor. Schatze is doing well with the Lyme. We’re already a week in with the antibiotics. ย The swelling in the lymph nodes has been reduced considerably with the steroids. I’ve got her on a grain free diet and a turmeric supplement. There are 3 protocols for chemo if I choose that option. I’m not sure I want to do that. My girlie is 10 and her quality of life is very important to me. The vet is going to email me everything so I can review it. That being said, she is responding well to the pred right now. And I was right to cut the dosage down to 10mg 2x a day. When I get the email I’ll share that for feedback….for right now, Schatze is happy and feeling good. Positive vibes๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by weimdawgs.

weimdawgs

greydogs
    Participant

yes, quality of life is most important!

i have heard that dogs respond very differently to chemo than we do – fewer side effects etc.

she may be able to have more good years with you. interested to hear what the options are.

Deba
    Participant

I agree with greydogs – have heard the same thing. I will be interested in hearing what you decide and how Schatze is doing! Glad she’s feeling good ๐Ÿ™‚

weimdawgs
    Participant

Thank you guys. I’ll be sure to post updates here…๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

weimdawgs

BasG

Dogs are tough critters too. They heal much quicker than we do. But they’re also less likely to show discomfort, which is always a worry to me.

Forever Weimanamanama

weimdawgs
    Participant

I posted the two treatment options on the Former Weimeraner Addicts FB page. I couldn’t figure out how to get it on here. They were sent from the office via email with no input from the oncologist. Waiting to hear back. Stressed….

weimdawgs

greydogs
    Participant

any updates? did you make a decision regarding which treatment?

how is she doing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.