Hiking with Krauser

• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Deba.

Hiking with Krauser

• Mya

I love those pictures. Especially the one where you are going under the tree!

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Krauser
    Participant

Our most recent hiking trip was a doozy!!!  We went up north Ga and did a trail called Panther Creek.  So many people had suggested I go there and hike to the waterfalls.  It’s a 3 1/2 mile in and out trail, which means it will be 7 miles total.  Most rate it as a moderate hike and would be very safe for dogs.  Well……we started out, all was well.  Krauser was doing great.  Took him and my two teen sons.  This place is in the middle of nowhere.  Beautiful place.  The hike is alongside water the whole time.  Very isolated and peaceful.  Well, that is until you take the wrong path!!!!  Omg!  There is a fork in the path and you can either follow the blaze marks or not.  Everyone told me to be sure to follow the path nearest the creek.  So, I did.  Man was that stupid!  Krauser is a firm 95# boy who isn’t the most graceful.  I thought Weims are supposed to be light on their feet and element!  HA!  Lol!  So, this path we took turns out to be the eroded path that had been rerouted as so much foot traffic had worn it away and it had become too dangerous.  Naturally.  Literally it was like walking on a cliff with a sheer drop to your death.  We are talking 12″ wide eroded path.  Krauser kept slipping off the side and I was constantly having to keep him and myself from falling to our death.  There were many very steep spots where we had to climb up and down root walls.  One of us would have to climb up and pull Krauser while another was under him pushing.  It was ridiculous.  We finally got to a spot where we could go no further.  It was a story tall wall straight up.  No way could I get Krauser up that.  Not to mention the snakes that were dangling from the roots and trees the whole way.  That wasn’t the scary part!  Lol!  So, we turned around and doubled back.  Got on the right trail and went on another 3 miles.  Got to a waterfall and eh…kept going past that one thinking there was more.  Went on to 6 miles and nothing special.  Decided to turn back and have lunch and take a dip in the ice cold water to rest.  All in all we did almost 10 miles.  Never found the main fall.  As it turns out though upon my return, and back to civilization…we were less than a quarter of a mile from the main even before we turned back!!!  We are going back to conquer this trail, but I won’t be taking Krauser back.  I will not be taking him anywhere new until I go first and stake it out.  That was way too dangerous, the wrong path, for him.  Had we of not screwed up in the beginning, it would have been so much easier and enjoyable, but as it is…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Krauser
    Participant

More pics…

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Krauser.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BasG

The blurry tail is funny!

Forever Weimanamanama

Deba
    Participant

Hi Brandi! Good to see you and Krauser!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.