See something weird? Please report! Known issues.

Home Forums Website news and issues Website status and problems See something weird? Please report! Known issues.

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by BasG.

See something weird? Please report! Known issues.

• BasG

This forum is still in a development stage, and you might very well see something weird. I may, or may not have spotted a problem, so please report anything that might seem out of place, or doesn’t work properly.

Known issues:

• Forum does not scale well on iPad in portrait mode
    • Forum does not display properly on most smartphones
    • Forum Implementation of Tapatalk is in the works
    • Top search bar works only for blog, not for forum
    • Groups button is disabled and will be replaced

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

What about photos?  I see the photo attachment on here asks for a URL (like imageshack, I’m assuming).  Is there a way for people to just insert a photo similar to the Weim Addict site like before?  For the less tech-savy people…. 😉

Also, I’m not sure if its my computer but when I’m reading a lot of the posts that have pictures in them, I am not able to see many of them.  Some/most come up as empty boxes with an “x” in the corner.

-Steph & Jaeger

BasG

Sadly, at this time the only option is to URL link to an image. I have not enabled the image upload feature. That fills up my server space fast, quick and in a hurry, and that tends to get expensive, website hosting wise. Once traffic picks up, I might be able to get someone on board to help me finance more web space.

Can you link me to a page with broken links? I have not seen that yet.

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

I can see all the pictures too.

Maybe when the t-shirts and stickers are made that money can also fund some more web space to be able to upload pictures?

I find the url pretty easy to work with (online, right click on the picture, copy image address) but everybody prefers a different method of course. So a second method would not be a bad idea.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Quincy
    Participant

Bas, I’m feeling a sort of disconnect about entering the site.

Especially when I don’t have a lot of time, and want to check

in quickly–to see the posts I haven’t yet read (indicated in

WeimAddict by little green words “1 NEW,” “4 NEW” etc.).

This would show the department in which they appear, who

started the thread, and who last posted.  But most importantly,

what the subscriber hasn’t yet read.  Thanks!

Mya

@BasG I second what Quincy just said. Is there a way to do that?

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

BasG

I’m already looking in to that. I’ll post an update as soon as I have found something that works reliably.

(Often I’m testing stuff in the middle of the night when nobody is online)

Forever Weimanamanama

miloandme
    Participant

Along the same lines as what Quincy mentioned, WA used to have something called My Topics that would list any topics I’d commented on that had new replies.  That was nice for when I just wanted to check in real quick.  If that would be possible to get, I would love that.

BasG

I’m currently testing a feature for read/unread sections. (You might have noticed the blue bars on the side) I’ll see if I can make a section for something similar. I can probably replace the unused “groups” button.

Forever Weimanamanama

BasG

Testing Quotes

Forever Weimanamanama

BasG

Testing Quotes

Testing quotes

Forever Weimanamanama

Nancy
    Participant

Interestingly, WA has returned.  Now, there are two great sites!

BasG

I noticed. Doesn’t 5 months of not caring to fix the site give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Forever Weimanamanama

Nancy
    Participant

I have no idea what might have been happening in their life.  May be a good reason they didn’t have the time or money to keep the site up.  I still think that it is great to have two wonderful sites.

BasG

No, that’s not it. Unfortunately the admin hasn’t been involved, or even visiting WA for a long time. Most of the moderators have left as well. This not being involved has led to long-term outages before, when technical issues arise.

But that’s a discussion for another time and place.

Diversity is a good thing. It promotes growth and improvements.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by BasG.

Forever Weimanamanama

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.