Safe Remedy for Fever

Home Forums Health and Nutrition General Health Safe Remedy for Fever

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Mya.

Safe Remedy for Fever

• ScoutsDad
    Participant

Scout seems to have a slight fever. He is currently laying on my feet and is shivering.
    The shiver has been coming and going all day, so I’m pretty sure it is a fever, but our vet is already closed and I’m not sure what is safe to give him. Thoughts?

Thanks

A house full of four dogs... That's a lot of dog farts.

instagram: fly_white_guy

BasG

There aren’t many meds that are safe for dogs. They can have ¼ of a 325 mg aspirin for every ten pounds but absolutely no ibuprofen, or tylenol, etc. That is highly toxic for them. I would just let him tough it out. Get him a blanket and plenty of water. If the fever hasn’t gone down tomorrow morning, then give the vet a call.

Forever Weimanamanama

ScoutsDad
    Participant

He’s a trooper. He is in our bedroom right now laying on the bed under the ceiling-fan, he goes from hot, to shivering. That’s what makes me think it’s a fever. His breathing is also kinda rapid. I refuse to google the symptoms right now because I know it will have me thinking of worst case scenarios…. Praying he is better in the morning.

ScoutsDad
    Participant

Well, he seems to have sweated it out last night. So far he has been his normal self this morning, back to a wagging tail, excited to go outside, and currently in the living room chasing glares on the wall from cars passing by.

jmae
    Participant

I hope he is over what ever it was that he had.

BasG

Sounds like one of those one-day-bugs 😉

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

Is he ok now?

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.