Red bile / puke

Home Forums Health and Nutrition General Health Red bile / puke

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mya.

Red bile / puke

• ScoutsDad
    Participant

Scout puked all over himself today in his kennel while we were out.  After a kennel cleaning and a puppy cleaning, he puked some more in the hallway (tile floor thank God), it was all bile, but some of it was red! There was no smell to the yellow-normal bile or the red bile…  Could it be blood, or just red bile? He isn’t really acting like he feels bad.  Also, he didn’t puke any of his dinner up.  Just the bile 6 hours later.

A house full of four dogs... That's a lot of dog farts.

instagram: fly_white_guy

ScoutsDad
    Participant

Well, he seems to be doing better so far this morning.  He slept in bed with us all night, and I fed him a smaller portion for breakfast that he has so far kept down.  Stool looks fine, but he was eating a bit of grass this morning….

taylor
    Participant

What do you give Scout for tick / flea / heartworm? We have a tick outbreak here and our vet has just decided the tick meds are now worth the side effects and the biggest side effect is vomiting. Lots of bile and grass eating for the last 12 hours, but it is subsiding now so that would be consistent. Hope Scout us feeling better and I am sure the snuggling helps tremendously.

ScoutsDad
    Participant

The only thing all my dogs get is Heartguard.  It’s been probably 36 hours since the last time he puked…  Worst part is we haven’t been able to get all of the puke smell off of him since he laid in it for awhile in his kennel….

BasG

Dogs eat all sorts of things of all sorts of colours when we’re not looking. If he doesn’t seem altered then I wouldn’t worry too much. I don’t think it’s blood. Probably a bit left-over from whatever was left in his stomach.

Mine eat small amounts of grass all the time. I’m told it can help clean out the intestines. But it sometimes also makes them puke. So eating grass, when he usually does not could be a sign of an upset stomach.

Getting the smell off is just a matter of doggie shampoo and a couple of rinses in the shower.

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

Ours have once pooped glitter neon yellow and glitter neon green. Some colours coming out of whichever end can be a little out there but make sure you keep an eye on if it is more than once.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.