Please don't judge

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat Please don't judge

• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Mya.

Please don't judge

• jmae
    Participant

As every one knows we bred our oldest weim Tula that’s how we got Tempi. I have kept in contact with all of the litter mates but one. They never returned my emails. Well today while scrolling FB I see a picture of a weim at a rescue in Ohio (the state where the pup I haven’t heard anything from lives). As soon as I saw this picture I knew it was him. After contacting the rescue and messaging back and fourth all day my worst fear was realized. He was my Tempi’s brother. I had all my AKC records still and they had registered him and the rescue had his papers so we were able to match up the numbers. As soon as I got the message that it was him I started crying. Then the rescue told me that the original owners had actually rehomed him at 3-4 months of age. This would explain why I never heard anything from the first owners after the first month of them having him. It upsets me cause we told every one of the owners that we would take the pups back if they could not take care of with no questions ask.  The rescue already has 2 families lined up for him to meet next week, if those happen to not work for him I will gladly drive to Ohio and take him in a blink of an eye. I have contacted all of the other litter mates tonight to just let them know how much I appreciate them for everything they do for the pups. The pups father owner who also has a pup even said they would take him if the families don’t work out. I know things happen but we tried to cover all our bases on this I guess you live and you learn. Thank-you for listening to my rant for the day. (and please don’t judge).

• This topic was modified 10 years ago by jmae.
    • This topic was modified 10 years ago by jmae.
    BasG

People are idiots, so there’s not much you could have done. A friend of mine fosters dogs and is a behaviorist at a shelter, and after more than 20 years, this stuff still happens all the time. They find re-homed dogs abandoned or in other shelters.

Forever Weimanamanama

Arthemis
    Participant

….thats terribly sad, but its not your doing. I hope things work out well for the dog in the future … unlike humans they forgive, forget and move on.

Bonita
    Participant

Aw poor baby,,,that’s so sad..It must be heartbreaking..but this was out of your control..I’ll never understand how some people can have such disregard for life…It makes me cry….

Quincy
    Participant

I wish you could jump ahead of the other families who are to meet him.

It would be a natural reunion for all of you.

Nancy
    Participant

Where in Ohio is your  guy located?  If nearby I could possibly visit him for you.

jmae
    Participant

All I know is that he is with the Weim Friends Rescue in a foster home with a WCA member. They are going to keep me updated on him and let me know how his meetings go next week. I also asked them if the new family feels comfortable I would love to be able to keep in touch like I have been able to with the rest of his littler mates. I also let the rescue know that if his new family would like I can send them all the puppy pictures I have and a copy of the Christmas car we (me and the pups father owner) made and sent out, and can I can send them the e-birthday card we made. So hopefully they will want some of these things.

Tina in Holland
    Participant

Don’t blame yourself. But learn what you can from every bad experience. Luckily he made it into rescue and will have a second chance at a great life!

Luna and Jo Jo
    Participant

That is so sad, I’m Facebook friends with the owner of Luna’s mom, who also lives in Ohio, I sometimes with that I was friends with her sibling. I think it really cool that you keep in touch with all of the pups and hope that he finds a good home if not back with you….. People need to do more research on breeds before just going out and getting a pup… Good luck and don’t blame yourself

Crazy!!

It's a weim thing!!!

Awalter
    Participant

Don’t blame yourself. But learn what you can from every bad experience. Luckily he made it into rescue and will have a second chance at a great life!

Couldn’t have said it better myself! Best wishes for the little guy <3

Alexis & Portia | Connecticut, USA

Mya

That is never fun to find out, but you care enough to go through all this trouble for the pup. I am sure a family will be right for him, and if not he will have an amazing home with you.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.