Nails

Nails

• Luna and Jo Jo
    Participant

Ok not sure if this is the right place to talk about this but here goes….. Luna has had two different times of her nail popping off, not breaking off, popping off…. Two different nails on different feet. The only thing that is left is the quick…. It don’t seem to bother her but I’m not sure if this is a normal weim thing or is something not right…. Any ideas let me know calling the vet also just to see what they may say, hope this make sense, I keep forgot to take a pic and post it…

Crazy!!

It's a weim thing!!!

artsvarc
    Participant

OY!  That sounds like it would hurt.  We have not experienced that.  Hopefully the vet can give you some info.

*Melissa- A Queen in a house full of boys.

Luna and Jo Jo
    Participant

Crazy thing, it doesn’t hurt her at all…. I can touch/hold her paw and it don’t even phase her…. She still does everything like normal that it’s didn’t even happen…… Vet tech just called me back and said as long as it’s not bothering her she should be ok, but I should still bring her in I feel like that’s what they tell me every time I may need a new vet

Crazy!!

It's a weim thing!!!

Mya

We have not had this with either of ours. Does she get her nails cut regularly? Is it done by a professional who might know what it is?

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Sgrecco
    Participant

That’s unusual.  I’ve never heard of this.  Do you have a pic?  I’m curious.

-Steph & Jaeger

Tina in Holland
    Participant

I’ve never heard/seen that. Seamus did have very brittle nails that would flake a bit. Ours don’t walk a lot on hard surfaces and I have a hard time keeping them somewhat short (the quick is very long).

The vet that wants you to come in for everything…I would follow my instincts.

Luna and Jo Jo
    Participant

That’s unusual. I’ve never heard of this. Do you have a pic? I’m curious.

I keep forget to take a pic I set a reminder in my phone for when I get home to take one

Crazy!!

It's a weim thing!!!

Luna and Jo Jo
    Participant

This is what it looked like the other day when it was still on….. The one at the top of the pic…. It’s been raining and melting here so sorry for the muddy paws

Crazy!!

It's a weim thing!!!

Mya

That looks weird!

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Sgrecco
    Participant

That looks painful! Weird how it’s not bothering her.

-Steph & Jaeger

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.