Leaving on a jet plane

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat Leaving on a jet plane

Leaving on a jet plane

• Waylon
    Participant

Well we left in the car for our trip to Nashville for the marathon my husband is running an we had thought about bringing Waylon an letting him stay with the breeder an waylons parents while were here but I just couldn’t do I have to many fears too much anxiety (naturally) worry to much so we left him with my parents an I knkw he is not gana know what’s goin on an I feel bad that he won’t understand I knkw will be ok but I just hate that he can’t knkw that were comin back lol we’ve left him before an he was fine but I just hate leaving 🙁

Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    - Dean Knootz

Tina in Holland
    Participant

I feel your pain! That is a big problem I have (not wanting to leave them). Even though DH loves the buggar(s) just as much, he would like to go on a vacation by plane every few years and not be tied down. My grandma passed away last Oct and I went to TN by myself for the funeral because we couldn’t (didn’t want to) leave Seamus & Amos.

My boss and his wife have dogs (and horses) and they have someone to stay at their house. Same person, dogs know her, not a problem. Maybe something you could look into? Dog sit swap with someone in the same situation?

Recently I have contacted someone I know from the Weim Club here to look into someone who would be able to keep Amos (in the house, no kennel/crate). If I find someone I want Amos to be able to get used to them (and their dogs) so that it will be a bit easier on him if we ever do leave him.

Some dogs don’t react as much as others. We adopted a senior RR a few years ago and actually took her home with us for an afternoon. She sniffed around the house and was asleep within 20 minutes. She was a very confident dog. Amos was a mess when we took him home and peed in the house 3 times first half hour. His pupils were totally dialated and he stayed wide awake all night.

I think there would be so much demand for inhouse dog sitting. I actually think about it a lot, would have to be someone you know and trust. My parents dog JRT and their cats only like my parents and me. When they are away I take care of them and they don’t feel bad about leaving them. Wish I had that!

Good luck!

Waylon
    Participant

Oh yea mom has already called letting us knkw that he’s been sleeping in the middle if her an her husband an “since when does Waylon wake up at 6am???!!” I said he’s just playin y’all bc he knkws y’all let him get away with any an everything! Waylon will sleep 12 hrs solid if we let him lol he sleeps late with me on my days off :)~

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    - Dean Knootz

jmae
    Participant

Mine also try to get away with everything when we go out of town and my mom stays at our house with them 😉 .

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by jmae.
    BasG

We co-ordinate everything around the Weims as well. I went back to Europe on a trip last winter and the wife had to stay home. The reverse this summer when she is going on a trip.

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

And that wife is already dreading leaving her weims behind.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Robin Bjerken
    Participant

Sounds like he is in good hands!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.