How to behave so your Dog behaves

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat How to behave so your Dog behaves

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mya.

How to behave so your Dog behaves

• Tina in Holland
    Participant

I am reading this book by Sophia Yin and it is so insightful! I have been looking for a bit more info on dog behavior, not just how to teach them a “trick”. This book is really good on that, explains a lot of things from the root…how your dog thinks and learns and how you should act to contribute to that and have a well mannered dog. My rescues all come potty trained, but the goal I have is to have a relationship with them, and we really mis-read a lot of their body language. I also want to work on issues they have so that we all have an enjoyable life together, I feel like I am understanding things on a different level with some simple instruction on what to watch/how to read their body language/how to be a good “leader” a dog can look to for guidance.

Anyone else read it?

Katie
    Participant

I will have to get that one!  I love learning about dog behavior 🙂  Thanks for the recommendation!

BasG

I’ve been planning to read one of her books for a while now. She is also the one that makes those great graphics about behaviour. I’m sure you’ll recognize them.

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

I love that one BasG.  I actually have it hanging in my home 🙂

-Steph & Jaeger

Nancy
    Participant

I do like that poster.  I also like the one illustrating when your dog is stressed.

Mya

Nancy I love that one too.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

oregonweim
    Participant

I have not read that yet Tina but I will certainly check it out thanks for sharing.

Nancy
    Participant

I was in the back room at the vet’s office last week and they had several of the posters up for the staff.

Mya

That’s so smart. Vets should do that. It’s a just in case you need it thing.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.