Homemade Treat Toy

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mya.

Homemade Treat Toy

• Winnie
    Participant

It’s no longer a challenge for Winnie to get her treats out of her Kong. She now just squeezes it in her mouth until whatever is inside breaks into pieces small enough that they just fall out. To make her work a little harder for her treats, I came up with my own version using an old Nalgene bottle, an old t-shirt, and some tape.

I cut the t-shirt into strips, rolled them into balls, and used taped to hold the shape. I put her treat in the bottom of the bottle, and then add in the t-shirt balls. Depending on how big the treats are & how easy I want it to be for her, I can use more or not as many shirt balls.

The opening is small enough that she can’t fish out the treat using her mouth (but that doesn’t stop her from trying). The shape of the bottle requires her to keep flipping it over until the treat finally works its way passed the t-shirt balls and falls out the opening. Her teeth have marked up the outside of the bottle, but it’s tough enough that it hasn’t cracked or broken into pieces after a few months of use.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sgrecco
    Participant

Not bad!

-Steph & Jaeger

BasG

Inventive! I might try that.

Forever Weimanamanama

greydogs
    Participant
    Mya

My guess is that it has to be a very strong brand of water bottle. Like Nalgene. Do you think that is correct?

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.