Had a fright today ….

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mya.

Had a fright today ….

• Bonita
    Participant

Freaked out today…Really freaked out my husband would say…Skyler had a young friend over today….They just love each other ,,Playing constantly..We also had our winter wood delivered today…So they were running around with pieces of bark & some twigs…Lots of fun was being had..until I noticed Skyler acting funny.Looked like she was gagging ,mouth open but no sound coming out, then kind of dragging her face..Well I freaked..My first thought was she was choking & had something lodged in her throat..I looked in her mouth & couldn’t see anything –then panic..Thank goodness my husband took over puting his first aid skills to wk..Thinking as I had that she was choking he began trying to dislodge what we thought was in her throat & as he did another sweep of her mouth discovered a piece of wood from a twig approx 3” long & the size of a pencil round… lodged from one side to the other on the roof of her mouth…… It was in there pretty tight but he was able to remove it with no injury…That was one scary moment..Not a good moment, in a fun day………When I update my red cross in the fall– I’ll be adding pet first aid as well…

Tina in Holland
    Participant

That is frightening! Good thing DH could help.

BasG

I’ve heard of that happening before. Good thing your husband has his wits about him.

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

OMG! Scary…thank God everything is ok now

-Steph & Jaeger

greydogs
    Participant

that is scary! they keep us on our toes.

Mya

I hate these kind of situations. They can’t tell you what is wrong and you just have to try to figure it out by yourself.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.