Gotcha Happy Sad Day

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat Gotcha Happy Sad Day

Gotcha Happy Sad Day

• Nancy
    Participant

Today is Zoie’s 7th Gotcha Day, to be followed soon by her 11th birthday.  Today I drove a rescue girl to her foster mom.  This is the first time I picked up an owner surrender from the owner and it was so hard.  We met at the some exit that 7 years ago I took to pick up Zoie from her foster’s home.

Today’s pretty girl needs a new home because the dad took a much needed job out of state.  They need to move into corporate housing (probably a residence inn type apartment) and they do not allow dogs.  I imagine that it was hard to find housing with 3 children much less 3 dogs, also.

It was so hard to leave the mom crying in her minivan and drive away with her girl.  The dog happily got into my car but when she realized she was in one car and her mom and the kids were in another she cried.  Mom sent her with a fresh bag of her food, treats, her bowls, flea and tick meds,  her blankie, a new tennis ball, and a pretty new collar and matching leash.

It was so hard to drive the same road that I took 7 years ago so happily taking my new girl home and today to be taking a girl from her family.  She is with a wonderful foster and I know will soon find a wonderful new forever family but I know she is leaving an empty place in her old family.

I always knew that dogs are often surrendered as a last resort but I had never been the person to take the family’s dog.  I can imagine what it would be like to do this daily.

God speed little girl, someone is waiting just for you.

God speed little one.

Tina in Holland
    Participant

Wow, I can’t imagine how hard that was for you to do. Also how heartbreaking for the family. Luckily there are people who do make sure their dog is well cared for when they cannot anymore. And luckily there are people like you who make it all work.

Zoie is one lucky pup! How great to have been able to spend 7 years together already.

Don’t let the sorrow of the situation bring you down, just think how you were able to be a part of a new hope in a bad situation!

artsvarc
    Participant

🙁    🙂  Glad you are able to help.  I’m in tears just thinking of having to do that.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by artsvarc.

*Melissa- A Queen in a house full of boys.

Sgrecco
    Participant

Ugh…so sad.  I’m tearing up.

-Steph & Jaeger

Nancy
    Participant

I cried all day on Saturday.  I know she has settled in well with her foster mom and foster weim sister.    Thanks for your kind words.

oregonweim
    Participant

Owner surrenders are the worst, hardest 🙁

Nancy
    Participant

They did a wonderful job finding a great rescue and helping her to a new life.  They should be proud of the decision they made for her.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.