Figured out how to open cabinets

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat Figured out how to open cabinets

Figured out how to open cabinets

• jmae
    Participant

So I just walked in from work, and 0the dog bed was laying on the porch. I asked my husband why it was out there and he told me that when he got home Tula had the trash (that is kept in the cabinet under the sink) all over the living room. She also had pulled out the box of sos pads and destroyed the box  without chewing up the pads. Now we re going to have to figure out how to keep her out of the cabinet (it would be easy to do it we had handles on them). Kind of hoping this was a one time incident.

• This topic was modified 10 years ago by jmae.
    BasG

I am SOOOO happy our cabinets have either heavy hinges on them, or those “soft close” mechanisms, that also make them initially a bit harder to get started.

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

There are some easy push down plastic child proof clips you can put on the top. I bet those would work.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

jmae
    Participant

We will have to look into those. Thanks

Katie
    Participant

yup, definitely go for the baby locks!  Just make sure you install them close enough to the outside edge so you can get your fingers in there easily.

Robin Bjerken
    Participant

You and me both! Molly who will be 13 in June, just started opening the cabinet with the garbage in it! She had NEVER done this before, after about 5 times coming home with garbage all over the floor (yes, it takes a while to get it), we now have a baby lock, so far so good. I know it’s her because Pete is in his kennel when we are gone, ugh!!!

Mya

I am very afraid mine will figure out that when you step on the thingy, the treasury opens at the top…. Today we came home from training Odin to find that Athena had gotten some of the garbage. I think because it was full and she could reach it…. I hope…

artsvarc
    Participant

Cody figured out how to open the flip top peddle trash can.  I took a cabinet door off it’s hinges and installed a roll out.  He figured out how he could wedge his nose in there and open the cabinet.  Good thing I had baby locks still.  Now he stands there and licks the cabinet.

*Melissa- A Queen in a house full of boys.

Sgrecco
    Participant

Ahh yes….We have to “baby” proof the garbage cupboard.  Easy $3 fix 🙂

-Steph & Jaeger

BasG

I am very afraid mine will figure out that when you step on the thingy, the treasury opens at the top….

They DO know. But it’s too heavy to open. Thankfully.

Forever Weimanamanama

Hayley Sim
    Participant

We already had locks on all of our cabinets (thanks to our three and one year old). We love the magnetic ones, you can turn them on and off, you cannot see them from the outside, and you just touch a little “key” to the spot where the lock is to open them. You can buy them on amazon.

BasG

Do you have a link for that?

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

Cody figured out how to open the flip top peddle trash can. I took a cabinet door off it’s hinges and installed a roll out. He figured out how he could wedge his nose in there and open the cabinet. Good thing I had baby locks still. Now he stands there and licks the cabinet.

licks the cabinet! I can just see ours do the same. Odin already licks the air when he smells something he likes.

curt ford
    Participant

I guess it is best when you use fiber glass type of furnishing specially for cabinet. They are more safe and secure.. check this site http://caldwells.com/interior-doors/closet-doors variety of furniture doors that you can use.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.