Athena as a puppy

Athena as a puppy

• BasG

She was impossible to resist. The wife and I had been debating what type of dog to get for a while, with no winner of this argument in sight. We had looked at rescues since that worked out so well for all our cats, but we decided we wanted a puppy instead. Then, while shopping for cat toys, of all things … there she was. In a pet store. Where we vowed never to ever get a puppy from. In between all the cute fluffy mutts, she was attempting to open the latch of her cage. And she almost got it, too.

She made eye contact with my wife, and held her stare. I knew I was in trouble right then and there. Seriously? A weimaraner? Do you know how much work those are!? That’s not happening, honey. No way.

But it was too late. “Can I see that one?” My wife told the girl in the store, pointing at the little blue Weim. She never went back in that cage again.

Pet store puppies are awful. To soothe our conscience, we tell ourselves that we rescued her. We wouldn’t know what to do without her now. Don’t get a pet store puppy. Seriously. But what happens to the poor souls already there?

And finally, the first picture, ever!

• This topic was modified 10 years ago by BasG.

Forever Weimanamanama

Mya

In.love.

Stole my heart.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

artsvarc
    Participant

<3

*Melissa- A Queen in a house full of boys.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.