Another emergency vet visit with Odin

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat Another emergency vet visit with Odin

Another emergency vet visit with Odin

• Mya

So far so good! I let our regular vet know too so if we ever need to backtrack medical history we can!

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Melissa
    Participant

How horrible .. Hoping it’s a one time only scare.. Hope he feels better!

BasG

He seems to be back to his old self. Pushing my hands around, trying to convince me to feed him some of my brownie.

Forever Weimanamanama

Tina in Holland
    Participant

That is no fun! Seamus had a seizure last summer (first he ever had). I was luckily aware of what to do because I read about it on WA. I had our vet on the phone within 2 minutes. He told me what to expect and that did help a lot. The thing that troubled us is that Amos went after Seamus when the seizure started, so I was afraid that would happen when we weren’t home and that Amos would harm him. For Seamus it was a one time thing, probably brought on by the heat. Even hot hot hot summer days he would lay in the sun. That day he had even gotten behind the closed curtains (windows to the floor, no AC in Holland) to bask in the sun. After that I really tried to not let him lay in the sun like that anymore. Seeing the fb pics today I’m guessing there was no sun involved in Odin’s case! Hope it was a one time qwirk!

Mya

Believe it or not but from snow this morning it is now 14 degrees Celsius. Yes… Really…
    Odin snapped a little after he came out of the seizure but that seems to be normal. Athena listened to me when I told her to get back. She was more scared than anything else.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Whatagoon
    Participant

What a scary time! Glad he’s doing better and hope he continues to do well.

Kate, River & Izze

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.