We are officially looking…

Home Forums General Weimaraner Discussion Forum Chitchat We are officially looking…

• This topic has 25 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jmae.

We are officially looking…

• Tina in Holland
    Participant

…for a new rescue. Won’t be a weim…DH would like to try something “new”. Seamus was not the best calling card for the breed even though we loved him dearly. There are not a lot of weims in Holland/Belgium for adoption. I am just happy we will be able to save an old soul!

greydogs
    Participant

the perfect dog will come to you!

Sgrecco
    Participant

Best of luck on your search!

-Steph & Jaeger

Tina in Holland
    Participant

Well, both we were looking at fell through. A greyhound male had already been adopted.

I called about a GSP female 10 yrs old who was found as a stray and after 10 minutes with a young girl on the phone from the shelter she turned me down. Wasn’t home enough for this senior dog ( I work until 2pm 4 days a week and one day from home). She kept telling me “this is a hunting dog”, unfortunately she didn’t know what a weim was! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Sgrecco
    Participant

How frustrating.  :/

-Steph & Jaeger

Sgrecco
    Participant

That just means to perfect rescue is still waiting out there for you.  Everything happens for a reason!!

-Steph & Jaeger

Inge
    Participant

Too bad, i know a very nice male Weim that is looking for a home;) But he is still very young.

Tina in Holland
    Participant

How young Inge? I have also seen a 6 yr old weim in Belgium…a bit young for us maybe? The distance would be a problem in getting to know him. Something within an hour drive we could visit a few times before we decide.

Other thing is summer vacation…we are looking for somewhere that Amos could stay for a week twice (July and Sept). That in itself is a big challenge (no kennels). I would hate to just have a new dog and have to take him to a strange place for a week. BUT, I think Amos would benefit from having a buddy with him. If I find a great place they could also go there once a week for the socialization/play and I could work a full day and compensate that time on the other days of the week. Any suggestions for a vacation spot for Amos?

Katie
    Participant

Its so wonderful that you are going to give another rescue a home!  You will find the perfect fit!  And that is a serious bummer, especially with the GSP.  You would be a great home for her.  Maybe you could talk to the shelter manager?

Robin Bjerken
    Participant

Wonderful! You will make one dog very happy and I’m sure well deserved spoiled!

oregonweim
    Participant

best of luck on your search

Mya

I am shocked the girl did not know what a weim was!!!!

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Tina in Holland
    Participant

UPDATE!!!!

DH has caved (joke). At the moment there are 3 senior weims in Belgium and I am going to be getting info on them to see if any would be a good match for us. One female and two males. I am leaning towards the female because she is in a foster home which means they would be able to give us a lot of info on her. She is 11 yrs old already, but is listed as pretty fit for her age. Would be a good energy match for Amos (11 at the moment).

There is a male in a shelter (10 yrs old) with no other info online.

There is also a male (8 yrs old) being rehomed by his owner (sound familiar Bas&Mya?) because of lack of time. Would really have to see him because unfortunately some owners don’t always give the whole story.

We always have a new dog evaluated by the trainer we use. She can tell a lot more about character and such than we can. Also always take a new dog to the vet for a look over.

Now….fingers crossed everyone!

Tina in Holland
    Participant

I am shocked the girl did not know what a weim was!!!!

This poor old dog is back in the shelter already!

Sgrecco
    Participant

So exciting!  Keep us posted!

-Steph & Jaeger

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.