Seamus

Seamus

• Tina in Holland
    Participant

For those I don’t have on my fb I’m sorry that my first post is sad news.

My little old man…my heart…my shadow.

Seamus July 14, 2000 – March 25, 2014

Seamus

BasG

Oh no!!! That breaks my heart. What happened?

Forever Weimanamanama

Tina in Holland
    Participant

He was just so old. He stopped eating a week before and just looked like he felt awful. Drank a lot and had pain in his back (old age) that he didn’t want to lay down. He was so restless. We tried pain meds and prednison a few days, but we really just knew it was time for him to go. He started soiling himself and he just looked so pitiful and ashamed. I slept with him on the couch the last night and cleaned him up about 4 times. It broke my heart to see him like that.

We adopted him at 10 years old almost 3 1/2 years ago. He was going to be put down because of his age (owner had died). We wanted to give him 1 good year….turned out to be over 3! How blessed we are. He taught us a lot which we have put to use adopting 2 other senior dogs. I have had quite a few dogs in my life, but Seamus was absolutely special.

BasG

That must have been so rough on him at his age. I’m glad you were able to give him a few more years. Considering how old he got, you did a very good job! Well wished with coming to terms with this. I do hope we get to see you with another Weim eventually. Maybe another rescue is waiting for you.

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

My heart is breaking for you.  So glad he got to spend his golden years with you guys.  What a weim!  Run free Seamus.

-Steph & Jaeger

Tina in Holland
    Participant

We stil have Amos. He’s our 11 year old rescue. I’ll have to post some pics later on (finally got it figured out).

BasG

I just had a chance to go through your wonderful Flickr photos. Looks like his last years were doggie heaven on earth.

Forever Weimanamanama

Olivia
    Participant

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear! We adopted ours too, such a wonderful cause, and I know he must have appreciated and loved you very dearly!

Mya

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes… with two weims cramming my space on the couch and I am forgiving them. Seamus was given an amazing life and lots of love.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

tltrooster
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear this.

Tammy and Champ

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by tltrooster.

tltrooster

Nancy
    Participant

So very sorry to learn that Seamus has left for the Bridge.  He will always be a part of you and will always be loved.

artsvarc
    Participant

So sorry to hear of your loss.

*Melissa- A Queen in a house full of boys.

greydogs
    Participant

i am so sorry tina. you gave seamus some wonderful golden  (or silver?) years.

lots of love and strength to you and amos.

Allison
    Participant

I am so sorry 🙁

miloandme
    Participant

Even though I had seen the news on FB, my eyes welled up when I saw your post.  How are you doing?  I know it’s so hard to let them go 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.