Posting with a picture

Home Forums Website news and issues How to use the website Posting with a picture

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by BasG.

Tagged: , ,

Posting with a picture

• BasG

Forever Weimanamanama

elsie-piper
    Participant

What if you are trying to post a picture from your picture gallery?

It is not allowing me to post my pictures from my computer or tablet?

Mya

I know you can’t post directly from your computer or tablet.

What do you mean with picture gallery? The general rule is that a picture has to be online (at this time) to be posted in a topic. Facebook works too if you go to the (large size) picture and do right click you can copy the image address.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

elsie-piper
    Participant

The picture gallery is on my tablet that stores all my pics.

Mya

That means the picture is not posted anywhere online yet. For now it is not possible to post a picture that is not online yet, but hopefully with a little more funding we can get more server space and have that option added. It is definitely on the list.

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

BasG

At this time, it is not possible to upload images from your tablet or computer (exception is your avatar). As Mya said, this is because that would quickly fill up the server space for the site. More server space is expensive.

If traffic picks up, I might be able to get someone on board for some funding.

For now, the best place to host images would be Flickr or Imageshack. Both have apps that you can use to upload, and both are free to use and will give you a ridiculously large amount of storage for your photos.

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

How much does it cost to add space to be able to upload directly from a computer?  Would you accept donations?  I think lots of people wouldn’t be opposed to helping out with some funding.  I use my computer at work to check in on my weim friends and unfortunately the photo hosting sites are all blocked for my use through this computer.  🙁  My computer at home is a piece of crap. LOL.

-Steph & Jaeger

BasG

To have a decent amount of future-proof storage to host pictures and the extra data usage that goes with it, I’m looking at a site cost of about $200 a year. That number will obviously grow proportional to traffic.

I can start taking donations. I was already looking at doing stickers and shirts as well, so make a few dollars, and donate a percentage to charities as well. (depending on how well that does)

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by BasG.

Forever Weimanamanama

TuffPawsh
    Participant

an idea:

what if TuffPawsh donates to the site funding for every collar/leash sold to an active site member? It’s no t-shirts of course 😉

TuffPawsh custom dog collars and leashes.

BasG

It is now possible to attach an image to a post as well. I will update the how-to accordingly.

Image restrictions are 1MB per image, and 4 images per post.

If possible I would ask people to link to images instead, to conserve server storage. Resources are finite. Also, linking and embedding images looks better and are easier to view, compared to the attachments at the bottom of a post.

Forever Weimanamanama

Waylon
    Participant

So will we ever  be able to post our pics or upload them from our iPhones ? Majority of mine come from there haha I don’t always have my camera ready for action on everyday at home 🙂

Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    - Dean Knootz

BasG

The best solution is to upload from your camera to a free service like flickr, imageshack or dropbox. You can also link from your Facebook uploads.

I am still working on a tapatalk integration, but that turned out to be a bit more work than a quick evening of tinkering.

Forever Weimanamanama

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.