Fireworks

Fireworks

• weimdawgs
    Participant

Schatze is in her favorite hiding place. Under Eddie’s bed. She’s so much better than she used to be. Love my girlie ❤️

weimdawgs

greydogs
    Participant

we will see tomorrow how  merlin will do. he seems ok so far.

lakshmi hated fireworks. that she lost her hearing when she was 13ish made those things easier.

i miss her. she died just before her 15th birthday. july 6 she would have been 17…

weimdawgs
    Participant

Oh wow..July 6 is Schatze’s birthday, too. It was also Jake’s. It’s so hard to say goodbye. Lakshmi’s time with you was wonderful. None of my babies lived to see their 12th birthday 😢. Scoutie left me 7 months after Johnny died. Kidney failure ; he was only 7. Senior dogs are the best ❤ though, aren’t they??  Jake was the best dog!!  I was heartbroken when I lost him. He taught me so much about these wonderful gray ghosts ❤️❤️❤️. My pups saved my life after Johnny passed.

I hope Merlin is ok today. Sending healing vibes his way.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by weimdawgs.

weimdawgs

BasG

Ours were thankfully just fine around the Canada day weekend. They don’t care about fireworks one bit.

Forever Weimanamanama

greydogs
    Participant

wow, weimdawgs, you had a rough time there. i do remember all your losses piling up.

yes, the dogs save us.

merlin is sleeping upside down while some early fireworks are going off. so far so good.

we had some challenges with our dogs when they got old – with both lakshmi and vishnu they lost their hind legs. we had the best acupuncture vet come for home visits and that made all the difference.

lakshmi died because she tore her meniscus and acl when not making it over the ottoman on the way to the door for her walk. i say she leaped out of this life. she was eating cookies when she fell asleep

vishnu was semi-ok with his weak legs, but got a fever and turned out to have a huge tumor on his lung. we only noticed a difference once, 3 weeks before when we were at altitude. he did not show any signs of trouble breathing, and even barked at the mailman on his last day at home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.