Baking Soda for Bee/Wasp Sting

Home Forums Health and Nutrition General Health Baking Soda for Bee/Wasp Sting

Baking Soda for Bee/Wasp Sting

• Winnie
    Participant

Here’s a picture of Winnie with baking soda paste on her nose to help combat the effects of a bee/wasp sting. I tried to shoo away the bee/wasp when I saw it land on her during a recent hike, but I must have been too late. A few minutes later, her nose started swelling, so we turned around to return to the car in case the reaction got any worse & necessitated a trip to the vet. Thankfully, she never seemed to have any trouble breathing or otherwise indicated anything was wrong. I got her home & applied a baking soda paste to the sting area which seemed to help very quickly. I think she was more concerned with trying to lick the paste off her nose than she was with the sting itself 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    BasG

Eek scary! Did this actually work? Never seen that before.

Forever Weimanamanama

Sgrecco
    Participant

Baking soda paste?  How did you make that? Just add water?  Would be nice to know just in case we come across that at some point!

-Steph & Jaeger

greydogs
    Participant

glad it worked!!

a good remedy to have on hand is homeopathic apis. it works wonders. you can get it online or at the health food store.

benadryl is good in case of allergic reaction.

Tina in Holland
    Participant

Poor girl, that must have hurt! Never heard of baking soda paste for stings. Good old fashioned remedy (not suited for dogs probably) is wet chewing tobacco on a sting to “suck” out the poison. I grew up with that in the Smokt Mts, did help a few times. I don’t usually have chewing tobacco on me…maybe add it to the first aid kit 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.