aargh fireworks!!

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mya.

aargh fireworks!!

• greydogs
    Participant

my poor dogs are spacing pacing pacing.
    i hate fireworks. and for some weird reason we have more and more fireworks in the neighborhood. we have been here for over 20 years and it is getting worse every year.

Tina in Holland
    Participant

I always feel bad for them since you can’t explain what’s going on. We got Seamus to a level that he didn’t get too worked up about it. Amos has gotten worse with thunder storms since Seamus passed. Amos used to go and lay w/Seamus to comfort himself. I have slept a few nights on the couch because of them! Last one we dragged Amos’ bed under the stairs that lead up to our bedroom, very comfy dark tight space and he was fine.

Nancy
    Participant

Zoie is not crazy about fireworks and is happy to share her displeasure by barking uncontrollably.  We frequently are on the boat for fireworks and will create a “human” thundershirt by sandwiching her between us.  Last year though I put her in the cabin of the boat and gave her a stuffed Kong.  She is very food driven and ignored the fireworks so that she could work on her Kong.  The Kong lasted about 1/2 which is typically the length of the show.  It works for thunderstorms, also.

Mya

Tina I will remember that in case it thunders!!!

so far my dogs are fine. We haven ignored fireworks and thunder ourselves and maybe having a glass of wine on the deck watching fireworks with the dogs in the yard helped. They could care less at this point….

Weimanamanama Weimaranermama

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.